The story of Culips!—Culips English Podcast

Culips Hosts Have you ever wondered about who we are at Culips? Do you know anything about how we started making English podcasts? Listen to the answers in this episode! Some of our listeners wrote saying they were curious to know more about us, so know you can learn about all of us at Culips, Harp, Jessie, Maura, Asami, and Yoshi, and how we all work together.

Maura Harp btn_lipservice.gif

Maura: Oh, today’s topic is so interesting and it was suggested to us by a couple of our listeners, so thank you very much for the idea, because we’re looking forward to this episode.
Harp: Because today, we’re gonna talk about Culips.
Maura: Yes, we’re going to first start by telling you about how Culips began and how we all met each other and got connected.
Harp: Yup. And then we’re gonna focus on our own experiences with languages, either learning or teaching.
Maura: Yeah. And then we’ll also tell you how we came to Montreal and maybe a little bit about Montreal, because we’re not from here. We’re all from different places. So, how and why did we come to this city?
Harp: Exactly. So let’s get started.
Maura: So, Maura and Harp, that’s us. We met… It must be about five years ago. Is it five years ago?
Harp: It is.
Maura: Wow. So, it was almost five years ago that Harp and I took a French class together.
Harp: Yup. Culips started with language, with us trying to learn French.

Expressions included from this episode in Learning Materials:

To take all the help you can get Behind the scenes
You guys A going-away party
To snowball To be out of control
To be someone’s shoulder to cry on Time flies
To get smoothed out/straightened out Like a slap in the face
To take something for granted To have a ball

Podcast/ Lipservice: Culips ESL Podcast, Photo: Culips Team

Posted in Chatterbox

Comments

1. diogogullit@gmail.com' Gullit says:

Nice to know more about you guys.
    I miss Robin a lot, he sounds so good ( all of you do, but you know what i mean ).
    We miss you a lot Robin, please come back soon! ;)

I’ll pass on the message to Robin. (And yes, we know what you mean. We miss him too!)

Maura
    Culips Free English Podcast

3. laderon2@yahoo.com' Mark, Russia says:

Oh, quite a fenominal podcast, indeed! That’s so great you’ve met and come up with your wonderful brainchild and even more you put it into practice. That reminds me how wonderful is to meet really good friends at a random place like in your case.

4. TipsyWolf@ya.ru' TipsyWolf, Russia says:

This is definitely cool one )

I hear you, it’s great, I invited Canadian guy for a while. I’m a host :) He has got a great results in learning Russian language, very great !! You can be proud of him. And He’s French native speaker )

5. lzemmouchi@yahoo.fr' leila says:

great episode as always.

i will take this opportunity to ask a question about the “oprah wifrey” phenomena, did canadian people also love her as american people ? and why all this enthousiasm about her show and the sadness of her fans about her leaving, i don’t understand, if you have an answer…

6. danielpersilva@gmail.com' Daniel Pereira says:

Hello my fantastic podcasters! I was so excited to listen to this episode, because I’ve been listening to your podcast since I don’t even know when and for me it’s such good experience to know how you all decided to create an ESL podCast like yours. You´re so amazing and you work really hard to provide us the best Canadian podcast I’ve even listened to!
    That’s why I’ve been enjoying, learning and living with you, girls, you really rock!