Jeremy’s English Tips #23:
You are raising an English baby in your head
In this episode of Jeremy’s English Tips, I would like to talk to you about how to help yourself improve your English by raising a baby English speaker in your head.
Key points that Jeremy covers in this episode
- Everyone knows that babies learn language quite quickly and effortlessly. Why do adults seem to struggle so much?
- Children are open minded and open hearted. They aren’t afraid to make mistakes and they know the power of repetition.
- When you start learning a language, you are like a child in that language.
- The fully developed native speaker in you must be like the parent to the English learner child.
- Guidance, encouragement, support, and practice are all ways that the “parent” can help the “child” learn better.</
For more information about this episode, visit culips.com.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download