Fluency Files #2 – Lottery
1. Set for life: “This woman now is set for life, essentially”
- a.Tomatoes were on sale at the supermarket, so I bought a lot. In fact, I think I’m set for life!
- b.James inherited a large sum after his father passed away. He’s set for life, now.
- c.I watched a documentary about a poker player who won big in Vegas. He earned so much money that he’s set for life.
2.It got me thinking about: “And it also got me thinking about what I would do and I think I would also choose the weekly one-thousand-dollar payout.”
- a. I watched a news report about homelessness and it got me thinking about what I would do if I ever become homeless.
- b.Our conversation the other day got me thinking about what moving to a new city would be like.
- c.Hearing that song on the radio got me thinking about the good old days.